Just Because Card (Part 2)

The card I am creating today is going to my aunt Josie! She is a fellow card maker....just much better ;-) She has been doing it since before I was born. So I thought it appropriate to send her the next "just because" card.


I wanted a nice colorful "spring" color for the background.
 I just drew a line with a marker then used the tips of the triangles from the clear stamp set to make the banner. 
 I punched out the circle then cut a little triangle for the bottom of the balloon. I used a little scrap of some twine I had for the balloon string. I cut random size strips for the glitter and pink paper. 
 I went ahead and added some color to the banner with another triangle from the same stamp set. I put the entire card together then put the glossy accent on the butterflies. 




Materials:
  • Recollections Card 4 X 5.5 in white
  • DCWV "Nana's Nursery" Baby Boy 12 X 12 cardstock (cut into 3.75 X 5.25 in)
  • DCWV "the cardstock stack"- Glitzy Glitter 6 X 6 (pink)
  • White cardstock (anyone you would like) cut into a 3.5 X 4 7/8 in
  • Studio Calico- Hooray clear stamp set (I used a triangle for the banner and the Hello)
  • Fiskars 1.5 in circle punch (for the balloon)
  • 3D foam squares (used for the tape the balloon and butterflies)
  • Hero Arts Shadow Ink- Soft Stone (blue inside the banner)
  • Butterflies- found in my scrap embellishment container
  • Staz On- Jet Black (Used for the Hello and banner)
  • Glossy Accent ( on the butterflies)

Comments

Popular Posts