- I used 1 yard of upholstery fabric which gave me 4 placemats (you want something sturdy and durable, you can also use outdoor fabric)
- Ribbon for decoration
- Matching threat
- Sewing machine
Measurements and instructions:
- I cut my placemats 17 wide by 12.5 length. You need 2 panels for each placemat
- I left a 1/4 seem allowance
- To place the ribbon in the middle I used the zig-zag stitch to help reduce fraying. The ribbon is 2.5 inches wide. I placed the ribbon between 5-7.5 in on my mat, which placed it in the center.
- Place both panels facing right side and stitch along all sides, leaving about 4-5 inches open to be able to turn the mat right side.
- Once turned right side facing out, iron well and sew all the way around and very closed to the border to close the open gap and give it a nice finished look.