Grilled Pineapple with a scoop of vanilla ice cream:
I thought I would not like this, but it is actually a favorite dessert of mine now. It is sooooo delicious and refreshing. This is a must try this summer.
1. Peal pineapple (fresh pineapple is best).
2. Cut into rings, about 3/4 in
3. Grill each ring for 2-3 minutes or until golden grill marks appear.
4. Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
-- You can add a splash of rum to kick it up a notch, it is up to you!
Tinto de Verano!
I discovered this drink when Deepak and I visited his brother and sister-in-law in Valencia, Spain. It is somewhat similar to Sangria (which locals do not drink), but it is so much easier to make. I tried it first at "100 montaditos" a restaurant with 100+ little sandwiches.
1. Cold bottle of red wine (any would do, just not very sweet red wine)
2. Any lemon-lime soda very cold.
3. You will add the lemon-lime soda to taste. It could be equal parts or less than the wine amount, it is up to your taste.
I say very cold because I do not like to add ice, as this will eventually dilute the drink and mess with the taste. I make mine per glass, I do not make a carafe. Unless it will be drank quickly. You can add a slice of orange to it if you like.